Thursday, September 19, 2013

Common Core Info

The term Common Core State Standards has been very popular in Manchester lately, especially with teachers. The Common Core State Standards provide a consistent, clear understanding of what students are expected to learn, so teachers and parents know what they need to do to help them. The standards are designed to be robust and relevant to the real world, reflecting the knowledge and skills that our young people need for success in college and careers. 

Here is what the students need to know in September for math. These are the standards written as "I Can" statements that are student and parent friendly so we can all work together. 

Math:

I can identify the place value of numbers.
Ican write numerals in standard and expanded form.
I can use place value to round multi-digit numbers.
I can change measurement units within a system.
I can use measurement information in various situations.
I can compare two multi-digit numbers using symbols to show comparisons.
I can solve word problem or equations using whole numbers.

Language Arts: 

Coming Soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment