Tuesday, January 8, 2013

MIT's Computer Program for KIDS

We've been looking into some basic computer programming, which doesn't sound very basic at all at first. MIT has developed an educational software program called Scratch which teaches children how to create animation and games. Sounds like fun! But the real reason behind me bringing this into our classroom is not for fun and entertainment purposes. In order to run this program, students need to think creatively, reason systematically, and collaborate with classmates. These are all real world skills. If your son or daughter asks you to download the program onto your home computer, please consider it because the possibilities for creation, and learning opportunities with this program are truly endless. Students must use critical thinking and mathematical reasoning  to animate and program. I am learning the program myself, however it's the students who need these skills for success in the world of tomorrow.   Who knows, maybe you are living with a future computer engineer?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i downloaded this can't get them to move

Anonymous said...

I'm using it now and I'm loving it! Kids get incredibly creative with this stuff. Not only that but I use it from inside Magic Desktop, so not only they have kid programming, but they have their own kid windows. For any parent that worries sick about what they do at the kitchen or office computer, this combination is the safest bet.

Unknown said...

I have been browsing online more than 3 hours as of late, but I never discovered any fascinating article like yours. It is pretty price sufficient for me. Personally, if all webmasters and bloggers made excellent content as you did, the internet will likely be a lot more useful than ever before. “I thank God for my handicaps, for through them, I have found myself, my work and my God.” by Hellen Keller.
How to submit website to Dmoz? Here is the Process.

Anonymous said...

When i stated programming i was so happy

Anonymous said...

i dont like this

Anonymous said...

Finally I have found something which helped me. Appreciate it! Please post more information about Programming Classes For Kids

Post a Comment