Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Answer is...

Good Morning all! I think I found the solution and end to my reading log dilema. I found a free website called kidblog.org and I'm thinking that I will use it a ton this school year. First of all it is free. Secondly, students just need a user name and password, not an email address. Last and best of all, they can use it at home after they read, or at school during their Reader's and Writer's workshop. I'm thinking of this as sort of an idea bank where kids can post about books that they are reading and give recommendations to others. Through the settings you can approve posts and student comments. I really think this will help teach students about appropriate social media behavior as well, although more in an academic context. Also, it will serve as somewhat of a record for our Million Word Challenge. I'M SO EXCITED THAT I FOUND THIS! Here's the link http://kidblog.org/home.php





0 comments:

Post a Comment